If you’ve accidentally stumbled upon this website and you don’t happen to be a True Blue Disney Fan, just click the back button now…you won’t understand this post. You just won’t get it. Unless you love Disney in a nearly irrational way, unless you pine for a Disney park from the time you leave – and count the days – until the time you return, the details that follow may seem foreign, obsessive, strange or silly even. So…not a huge Disney fan? Again, this post is not for you…just go.
Still here? I’m talking to you now. My dear Disney-loving brothers and sisters, YOU! You understand me. You sympathize with the main plight of my existence – I adore all things Disney and there’s no vacation in the world as good as a Disney one. Surrounding ourselves with reminders of our happiest Disney days is essential – it’s what keeps us going day to day, right? You understand, don’t you?
I’ve put together a list of some of the things I do to add a little Disney to my day. What I want to know is this: How many items on my list are also part of your daily Disney life and…what’s on your list that isn’t on mine? Here we go:
1. Start the day with coffee (sometimes tea or cocoa) – in a Disney mug!
2. Listen to the two P’s of Disney – Podcasts and Playlists. My daily commute is about 35-40 minutes each way. Plenty of time to enjoy a couple of podcast episodes or belt out a few Disney show tunes as I’m cruising down the highway.
3. Adorn the car with a Disney antenna topper. I have a collection and like to rotate them out depending on the season. Spotting my car in a parking lot always makes me smile.
4. Disney casual wear. I work in an office where business attire is required, but on the weekends, you’ll find me in my “Peace, Love, Mickey” shirt or my Avengers tee. I’ll probably be sporting a Disney cap as well.
5. Disney accessories – Tinkerbell watch, Disney pin, Magic Band – all appropriate accessories for work or play!
6. Watch – Disney movies, TV shows, documentaries, YouTube videos of attractions – doesn’t matter to me – they all make me happy. I’m seriously addicted to ABC’s Once Upon a Time. Don’t judge.
7. Connect – Disney Twitter friends, Disney Facebook pages, Disney discussion boards/forums, Pinterest, Instagram – thousands of other Disney geeks just like me! Nice folks, too.
8. Cook – I love trying out recipes from my favorite Disney restaurants. Nothing like delicious smells and tastes to trigger great dining memories and recreate the magic at home.
9. Read – Disney books, articles, blog posts, attraction and restaurant reviews, park news, touring strategies, you name it.
10. Talk Disney! – I’m lucky enough to have a spouse and offspring who love Disney as much as I do. Conversations around plans for our next trip(s) and what Disney movie will next open in theaters is a daily occurrence. (I’m also fortunate to have some Disney addicted friends and coworkers.)
Bonus – I love our Disney dog, Henry Jones, Junior. Junior’s the best, most patient, tolerant member of the family who will never visit a Disney park, but embraces his family’s love of Disney just the same.
Now it’s your turn…how do you add a little Disney to your day?