It’s been a while since we’ve featured a land here! Today’s tribute is to Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland – There’s lots to love about this particular area. In such a small, compact space, there’s so much to see, do, and taste. Today I’ll focus on the very best this land has to offer.
Adventureland – Five Great Things
Bordered by Main Street U.S.A. and Frontierland, Adventureland is a completely unique experience. Where Main Street takes you back to a simpler life in small town America and Frontierland brings guests the thrills and excitement of the untamed Wild West, Adventureland captures all that is incredible about exploring the exotic and undiscovered.
- Ridiculous yet classically perfect puns – If you don’t absolutely love Jungle Cruise, at least you’ll admit that as far as “the lowest form of humor” goes, this attraction is amazingly entertaining! We’re a family of pun-loving people and Jungle Cruise never ceases to delight – especially when our skipper has excellent timing. It’s an art, people, and should be appreciated as such. This attraction is a must-do for no other reason than seeing the backside of water!
- Skipper Canteen (officially The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen) – The spirit of this very new table service eatery is what makes it awesome. The premise of the Jungle Cruise Skippers having to make ends meet by waiting tables is clever, the atmosphere perfectly reflects the Adventureland setting, and the menu has heart even though rumor has it, the offerings are currently being overhauled for more main-stream appeal. Magic Kingdom needs more table service choices, so I’m really pulling for this place’s future success.
- Background Music – Setting the mood with upbeat, perky tunes, the Adventureland soundtrack may often be overlooked, but is integral to making sure the land’s experience is fully immersive. Want to hear what I’m talking about? Check it out here.
- We Wants the Redhead! So many small components make up the whole of Pirates of the Caribbean. Classic Disney meets modern movie magic and the combination is irresistible. Sure, purists grumble about the updates and recent changes, but this attraction is nothing short of the perfect example of the best of what Walt Disney World has to offer. Boat ride / dark ride, scene after scene, animatronics and special effects galore – if you can’t find something to love here, you should spend your vacation dollars elsewhere and leave more room for the rest of us.
- Cold, Tropical Snacks – Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace (recently these two switched places) are among the most popular snack stops in Magic Kingdom. Need a world-famous Dole Whip? Belly up to the counter at Aloha Isle and enjoy! Want a cool, refreshing Citrus Swirl? Stop by the Sunshine Tree Terrace (home of Orang Bird!). Two iconic Disney snacks – both in the heart of Adventureland!I know I said five, but I feel bad not even mentioning the Enchanted Tiki Room. Now that they’re back to their original form (no longer “under new management”), I love to try to fit them in our touring plans on hot, crowded afternoons. Kicking it old school, the birds, flowers, and Tiki guys are as much a part of Adventureland’s magic as anything else I’ve mentioned.
Are you an Adventureland fan? What do you think makes this part of Magic Kingdom Special?